Using the Smart Setup Wizard you can get the Linksys Smart Wifi Router Setup to any wireless and wired device. There is no need to insert any CD in your computer to install this web interface. So, if you want the Linksys Router Setup by installing the Smart Setup Wizard then get ready to follow the below process:
Linksys Smart Wifi Router Setup
- Connect the external antennas to your router and plug in the router in the power outlet. Also, connect the external Ethernet cable that you get from your Internet Service Provider with the Router to the modem.
- When you power on the switch, the Router’s LED will light up and it will take time to boot up. So, you have to wait for maximum one minute.
- Launch the device on which you want to access the Smart Setup Wizard. First of all, get to connect to the network.
- You may get a Quick Start Guide with your Router Package in which the wireless details are given. The wireless details are unique to every Router model and you can change it after getting into the Linksys Router Login Presently, use these details to connect wireless. (If you are using the wired connection then you don’t need to use Quick Start Guide, you have to connect your Router to the device using the Ethernet cable.)
- Get into your Web Browser and type http://linksyssmartwifi.com. In case this link is not prompted, you can enter the 192.168.1.1 or myrouter.local. Press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Linksys Smart Wi-fi Setup window will appear on your device’s screen connected to the router. It will show two check-boxes and you have to click on the check-box showing ‘I have read and accepted the License Terms for using this software’ and then click on the Next option.
- Here is another option of manual setup, if you want a manual setup, click on the checkbox ‘I want to skip Setup and configure my router manually’ as well as click on Manual Configuration and Next. It may ask for DSL or PPPoE account name and password, these are the necessary details. Confirm these details and click on Next.
- Updates for the Router, a window will open, click on the checkbox ‘Install Future Router Updates Automatically (Recommended)’ click on the Next.
- Confirm the Network Name and Network Password and then click on Next. Wireless users will get a message like ‘Reconnect to your network’. Confirm the details and continue the process by clicking on the Next.
- You are prompted to the ‘Create a router password’ where you need to enter the router password that is ‘admin’ by default until you change it. And then click on the Next.
- Finally, it will show ‘Your Router is Setup’ which refers to your successful access to Linksys Smart Wifi Router Setup by using Smart Setup Wizard.