Get ready to follow the guidelines for Linksys Setup for E2500 Wireless-N Router. The Setup is quite simple. Before going ahead, you need to check your internet connection should be providing good speed without disturbing in between the Linksys Setup.
Linksys Setup – E2500 Wireless-N Router
- The process will start to connect your Router to your Computer via a blue Ethernet cable.
- Simultaneously connect your Router to your modem using another Ethernet cable
- Power on the supplied AC adapter and turn on all the devices.
- Go to your PC’s browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press ‘Enter’.
- The screen will be displaying Linksys Router Login
- You can leave the username blank while the Linksys password is ‘admin’ in lower characters by default. You can change the password after accessing the Linksys Setup
- Click on the ‘Ok’.
- Further, it may show ‘Using the Web-based utility to change router settings may prevent you from using Cisco Connect’ you can again click on ‘Ok’ and go ahead.
Linksys Configuration – E2500 Wireless-N Router
- When you are connected, you will see the Linksys Router Setup page to make the required changes.
- Click on the DHCP Reservation at the bottom of the setup page.
- The first option will appear IPG100. If it is showing there, it means you have not got an address from DHCP server. Set the DHCP as ‘Yes’ following the device configuration.
- The IPG100 option is showing the Client Name, IP address and MAC Address, you need to carefully note down this.
- In the second row the assign IP address is showing that you can place the IP address you recently note down from IPG100’s IP address. As well as you need to replace the Client Name and Mac Address copy from the above row.
- Click on the ‘Add Client’ option
- Click on the ‘Save Settings’ and then click on ‘Close’.
- To check the settings are done properly or not, you can’t disconnect and reconnect the Cable from Router to PC.
In future, if you are getting any problem with you Linksys Setup then manually reset your Router and follow the setup and configuration from the beginning. Make sure to update the latest firmware of your Linksys when it is required.